Friday, August 17, 2012

2 Years Ago....

It was almost 2 years ago that I decided to do something about my weight once and for all.. I had to make changes and it was time.

I never looked back.. I kept going. I kept it simple..diet, but I didn't call it a diet. I called it healthy eating. Fruit, lots of veggies and the same old same old every day as long as it was loaded with flavor. I never felt hungry and I kept going. Going until I lost almost 40 pounds.

The end of November I started working out, 3 days a week with Steve at the gym. I started slowly, lifting weights, adding cardio and increasing the time I spent doing cardio. After Christmas, I started cross country skiing every day for an hour plus going to the gym 3x's a week. The weight kept coming off.. I've now been holding steady with 5 pounds up or down given the week for almost 2 years now.

It hasn't always been easy. I get off on my eating. I wish I could lose the last few pounds to reach that  goal weight of 129. I don't always feel like exercising.

What has changed... I always exercise, never give myself an excuse to not exercise. I've only taken a few days off, too sick or before a race. I do allow myself to have treats but I've worked off the calories I eat to be able to do that and not gain.

I can fit into a size 4, 6 or 8.. my old size 12/14 falls off me. I had to buy all new clothes as even tops and underwear and bras no longer fit. I can wear just about anything and know I will look good. I don't have to hid in baggy tops and don't have to worry about squeezing into uncomfortable clothes.

I lost the weight, the cellulite, the low self esteem and I gained so much more.. health, happiness and fitness.

I look forward to my new skinny, healthy self. I set new goals every day. To run more miles, to try new sports or exercises, and now I'm looking into becoming a personal trainer or a fitness/weight management coach. Going back to school to get a certificate this fall. Going on a new path and use what I've learned. Living my new skinny life to the fullest. Being in the moment and enjoying the new path I am on....


1 comment:

  1. Want To Increase Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete