Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long Run

I had a great long run this morning. I slept in until 7am.. it was 55*F, a cool &sunny morning. I decided to run to the gym, work on my abs and run home, Steve biked the last 6 miles with me while I ran our wooded loop and then the neighborhood, with the quick Amherst loop.

A total of 13 miles. I ran it all in 2 hours and 35 seconds. Not 100% sure it was 13 miles exactly but close enough and after 2 hours of running.. I called it close enough!

Last years 1/2 marathon results showed the age group winners time of 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'd have to shave off 15 minutes off my time. I did run these miles slowly and races you always seem to run faster no matter what. That's a lot of time to take off and I'm not sure it will happen.

Who knows.. maybe that person that got the time last year, won't run it again. I know from past races that people you see at one race will be there again. I'm not sure this holds true for Marathons and half marathons but my guess is, that it does.

I don't think I need to go for the fastest time.. I just want to enjoy this half marathon and feel good when it's all done.

I do like how I'm able to run it.. and still feel like I could run some more. I'm not tired.. I feel good. It does feel good to eat, take a break.. but life goes on and so does the ToDo list.. So, while I might rest the next hour.. I'll be up and about the rest of the day..

Sunday.. here I come.. how many miles will I want to run?


No comments:

Post a Comment