Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Taking My Own Advice

That's right.. I need to take my own advice. I gained 3 pounds since wanting to lose a few pounds. I've been running more.... 10 miles on Saturday, 7 miles on Sunday, 10.5 miles on Monday, 7 miles on Tuesday and today: Wednesday 11 miles. I've just not been following the diet I know works to lose weight.

I need to go back to how I lost 50 pounds.. Rice/and lots of salsa. Veggies and fruit. No cookies, ice cream, pizza, bread etc.. I can easily lose 10 pounds with all the running I do and if I stick to my diet plan if will come off easy.

11 miles to run might seem like a lot of miles. I didn't do it all at once. I took a break after 3.22 miles and lifted weights. I did run the rest of the 7 miles without stopping. I could do it all without stopping but then I would not be able to get in my weights at the gym. I'm still thinking about finishing up the last 2 miles with a trail run later on today to finish my 13 miles.  It's okay to break up the miles and have rest in between. It's a good way to build up to running more and keeps your running fresh.

I think everyone has those days where it's hard to get out of bed, hard to get ready and go run or workout or do whatever it is you want. I have those days, but I try to block out the voice that says just skip it. I know running and working out is key for me to keep off the 50 pounds. It's the voice that is the loudest.. keep going and don't stop. I worked too hard to get here and I won't quit!

You have to find that LOUD voice inside of you that makes exercise a part of your life and not to let the weak little voice win out that tells you to skip it.. because tomorrow that voice will be back. You need to listen to and make your LOUD voice the only one that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment