Thursday, August 16, 2012

Younger

I had a nice complement yesterday. The young guy with the tattoo's at the gym who checks us in every morning thought Steve and I were in our low to mid 30's. How nice to hear that!

I do feel younger.. younger then I did in my 30's. I no longer have the 50 pounds of extra weight. I am lighter, toner and more healthy.

Today, was a great day for running. A cool 60*F with a breeze to keep me from sweating a lot. I ran my usual 7.22 miles and it felt easy.

Did some abs exercises.. no arm weights. Plus, I've been playing soccer with my kids. All that soccer, kicking the ball has made my thighs sore. Burning some calories, using muscles I don't normally use, having fun with my kids.. I love it! I told Celina, when they play soccer games at home, let me know.. I want to play too with all the kids. They were happy to know that I wanted to be out there with them and now the teams will be even! Can't wait for a friendly soccer game with my kids!

There are so many benefits to getting in shape. I was practicing soccer with Logan and giving him some tips on how to drop kick the ball. Some young guy in his 20's came over and said, you  look like you know a lot about soccer.. Do you know how wide the soccer field is? How nice to know that I look like I know what I'm doing. I didn't know the answer but thanks to Google on the cell, we figured it out.

I love being a fit mom.. Love it, love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment