Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One Foot In Front Of The Other...

I had a hard time running this morning. I laid awake for much of the early morning, only falling asleep around 5am and not wanting to get out of bed come 6am.

I do know, in order for me to run at all, I must get up and put one foot in front of the other.

I wore my older pink running shoes today giving my new pair a rest. I wanted to see if my toes felt better in other shoes. Yes, they did feel better.

I was still having a hard time just keeping going today. I wanted to take it easy and only run 4 miles, my wooded loop but I didn't. I kept running towards the gym... It wasn't easy. I didn't try and run fast. I tried to distract myself and think of other things beside turning around and going back home.

I was happy to make it to the gym, get a drink of water and see a workout friend I haven't seen since spring. I was hoping seeing her there working out again would inspire me to pick it up and enjoy my run home. I didn't last long at the gym as I just wanted to get home. I wanted to be done with running for the day.

I love burning all those calories from running. I even like all the sweat from it. I feel like I'm making progress and doing something good for me.

Even Olympic competitors have days like this. I was reading about the gymnast Gabby, who just a year ago wanted to quit all together. Did she? No.. she had a few bad days, maybe weeks or a month. It does pass and you some how just keep going with one foot in front of the other..

So, while some days I might want to skip it.. or quit all together. I have days I can't wait to get out there and run. Every day is different and I welcome the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment