Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Trail Run


I did a lot more dirt running today then I have in a long time. I decided to do the 4 mile loop by our house (just because of time- busy) I ran a little farther down Cliff road and took the whole dirt road to my normal road turn. It was the same distance as running the neighborhood route, but more scenic and a softer surface to run on then pavement.

I took a short break to do some work, then drove to the local park. The trail is now finished around both the lakes. It's 2 miles around both lakes and took 21 minutes to run slowly. I was reading that trail running is slower just because you have a lot of turns etc but it's easier on the feet, joints running on dirt and crushed rocks.

I loved my run this morning. Felt great to be out in the woods.. shaded area to run and a nice change. I'll probably start running to the park, then run the trails and head for home. Soon I hope to venture out and run more trails through the woods. For now, I'll just run what is familiar and stick with that until I'm more comfortable. I do cross country ski those woods in the winter. I just feel a lot safer in winter since you can see all around. The leaves make the wood to thick to see far. I'm sure I'll get over this too.

I'm hoping Steve will try outdoor running again. There should be less excuses since he loves the woods, it will be easier on his joints. Now to convince him to join me. Would be nice to have a running partner out there with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment