Friday, August 3, 2012

Fat Pills


.... my daily 7.22 mile run takes me on a direct path to the smell of cinnamon fried donuts.. I run right by Cub Foods and the smell of goodness. I just remind myself, donuts are big fat pills. They will go right to your butt. You just burned 700+ calories running only to eat all the fat back if I go purchase a fat pill.. Donut.

I'm not saying I never eat donuts. I did go by them for my kids today and 2 are still on the kitchen counter calling me to come eat them. A treat once in a while like a fat pill is not the end of the world. I won't gain back 50 pounds from having one or two donuts. I just can't run to get donuts every day.

Instead of a cinnamon fried donuts, I'll have a slice of cinnamon swirl toast, better choice then donuts and I don't feel deprived of anything.

To update on my workout yesterday,  I just biked 7.22 miles up to the store and home again. Called it good for the day!

Today, I ran and did not stop at the gym. I ran the whole 7.22 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes. A slow ~10 minute per mile. If I had more time I would have liked to run a few more miles.

Tomorrow, I want to run to the gym, keep going towards home and back around to the gym and then lift weights, run home.. How many miles? I'm thinking 7.22 to gym and home, plus extra loop 1.5 miles or maybe 2 max. So 9 miles to run.. I'll be up early 6am.. so I have time to run... run and run.. The gym won't open until 7am so this gives me plenty of time to run the 6 miles.

I also have plans to go run that trail again but I'll save that for Sunday morning.. Looks like if the kids don't want to run it with me.. I'll go it alone. Looking forward to some trail running.



No comments:

Post a Comment