Thursday, May 24, 2012

Comments

Good old comments that can lift you up or deflate you..

I've had a lot of nice complements since I've lost weight. It definitely lifted me up and kept me going.

I've also had some not so nice comments. It's only from one person that has said it to my face and to others. Apparently, I looked better fat. That's right, I looked better with more then one neck, a bloated face, weight that kept going up along with my size and not to mention my health was going in the wrong direction.

Some people just like to bring you down. I'm not overly skinny, just a healthy weight for my height. I workout to be tone, not overly muscular. I'm happy, healthy and what more could I ask for. Guess not everyone is happy with my changes, but I just have to ignore that.

This person that tells me all the negative stuff is over weight, unhappy and un-healthy. I am guessing it's hard to ignore the damage they have done to their own body. Its far to easy to make negative comments about me then deal with their own issues.

Yes, people talk about others. We all do it. We are all interested in each other, whether we like the person or not. It's human nature to talk about each other and it's not always the good stuff.

I will say this. It's not easy to lose weight. It's also not easy to be over weight and to not like yourself. Where ever we are at, we need to help each other out, be supportive and lift each other up. Be positive and positive things will happen. Be negative and nothing good will come of it.

So today, I'm going to ignore that one not so nice comment and concentrate on all those that have helped lift me up. It's an on going battle and it's never over..

No comments:

Post a Comment