Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happiness


Happiness.. have I found it?

Did I think I'd be happier once I lost weight?

Did I think I'd be happier once I was fit enough?

I'd say YES! I am happier with my new life.. the new me.. I am happy I lost 50+ pounds. I am happy I am more fit then I ever have been before.

Is my life perfect... ? Almost! Nothing ever is 100% perfect but it can be pretty close.

I'd say for the majority of the time.. I am happy. I think exercising makes me happier. I have a more positive outlook on all. I enjoy being more positive and looking forward to spending time making me happy. Plus happiness = energy!

I do get the case of the blah's, which I've written about where I feel like I could be depressed. It's usually a fleeting time where I feel tired, hungry or bored. It's up to me to fix that, and I do.

It does take effort to see the happiness in life sometimes. I look for the small things to be happy about. Good health, an easy day, finishing my to do list, smiling, something making me laugh, looking forward to seeing my family, living life.. reading, and letting my mind wander in meditation.

It's all about how you see life.. half full or half empty. I like to be optimistic about life.. and see my glass more then half full..

So today.. I'll be happy it's spring, happy I work, happy I can run, happy I have my family, happy for all I have, happy I have time for myself, happy to have a todo list, happy to take a mini nap later on... and happy I am...

So smile and fake it until you are feeling happy.. because happiness can be contagious and you need to spread that stuff around.

No comments:

Post a Comment