Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Worst Run...


My worse day of running is still better then no running. I am having a hard time wanting to workout in the mornings. Even with caffeine it's still hard.

Is it always going to be hard? Well, yes and no. Some days I feel like exercising but more and more I don't feel like it. I always go and exercise no matter what because even if I don't try hard, I'm still getting exercise. I'm still there doing something  and something is way better then nothing. I don't ever regret going but I'm sure to regret not going to exercise.

I had a lazy day off yesterday. I had big plans to do a bunch of stuff. Instead, I sent the kids off to school, climbed back into bed for 2 hours. 6 hours of sleep at night are not enough and I needed 8 yesterday. My extra sleep wasted away the morning. I'm lucky to be able to catch up on sleep.

This morning was no better, after getting home at 6:30am, I climbed back into bed and slept for another hour. I'm sure my body needs the extra rest. I've been craving it. All that hard work of building muscle and running has taken a toll.. time to repair and refresh myself.

Today, I'm working in the morning. Burning more calories, around 500 or so with the extra bending, cleaning, and lifting I'll be doing. I also want to find time to run 4 miles. I do love my outdoor running time. Even if it's hard to get going.. after 15 minutes I feel great and am glad I went out and did it. I've just been going slow.. 10 minute miles just to be out there is good enough right now. No need to push myself. I'm just coasting along until I find the energy to want to do more. Right now.. I'lll keep plugging away...

No comments:

Post a Comment