Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reverse.. Mind Games!


I got over my fear, my fear of more hills and ran my route in reverse this morning.

It is a mind game after all. I was so afraid the hills going the other direction would some how push me over my limits. I was happily disappointed.. It was not bad at all. In fact the complete opposite. It was refreshing to go in another direction. It completely changed up my running. I enjoyed the new scenery going in reverse order.

My heart rate was higher, but I didn't seem to mind or think I was working extra hard. I also noticed that I was not as the same place I thought I would be at a certain time. I still finished in 36/37 minutes for 4.1 miles, so it made no difference that I had more hills to climb.

It's good to get over your fears. It is in fact a mind game that we all play. I had to get comfortable enough, bored enough to break out of that fear. I did it!

I have another mind game... mountain biking.. I did it last year and just went by myself. Why won't I this year? I am stopping me for some reason.. time to get over it and just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment