Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cross Training..




One of the best things about exercising is that you can do a variety of activities to get in exercise and make it fun. I do a variety to keep things interesting and prevent injury.

I've done rock climbing, walking, hiking, swimming, weight lifting, floor exercises, cross country skiing, roller skating, biking, mountain biking, running, cross ramp, elliptical, treadmill and the list goes on...

It's good to mix things up and keep life interesting and just to keep moving.

I usually go back to what I like and what is easy to do on a daily basis which is weight lifting, running or the cross ramp. Once a week, I try to fit in some other fun activity. This gives my legs and muscles I use every day a break. I get to use new muscles that don't get as much exercise.

Yesterday I had a weird pain that would all of a sudden be sharp in my lower leg. It didn't last long but it kept coming over and over. I took some Advil but that didn't seem to help. Today, all seems fine with my leg. Wonder if I just didn't drink enough water?

My goal tomorrow is to run my 4.1 mile route 2x's in each direction for variety. A total of 8.3 miles instead of my normal 6. If I go around 3x's I will have completed a half marathon. I'll have to work up to going around 3x's, as it will take me a little under 2 hours to run. That's a lot of running and I'll need a break the next day from running. It's my next big goal.. more so then running a 4 mile race.

No comments:

Post a Comment