Saturday, May 26, 2012

Race Prep...

I took the last 4 days off from running outside. It felt like I hadn't ran in ages. It felt good and I felt renewed. I ran a 8:55 minute mile for a leasure run for the 4 miles. Now I know when race time comes, I have to take a few days off from running. I still can do the cross ramp inside, but I will take the day before a race off from everything.

I've been reading up on Marathon racing and just training over all for any type of running race. I don't always take the books advice, but it's good information. At some point I might want to take some of the suggestions. I'm not that serious of a runner or that concerned with my race time. I do want to improve from last years time, which I'm sure I will. I would also like to place this year in at least one race in my age group. That's 1 -5th place which I'd take any of the places. I'm not going to be picky!

I was reading an article in the news paper about a group of women most in their 70's who have been running together for 20+ years now. They will be running a dualathon and a tri-athalon this summer. It sounded interesting to me. I use to be a good swimmer, but I haven't done a lot of lap swimming in years. Once a year I do sign up for a free week at lifetime and use the pool to do laps. The tri-athalon is swim 500 meters, run 3? and bike 20 miles or something like that?? The dualathon is run 2 miles, bike 22 miles and run another 2 miles. I kind of liked the dualathon idea since I've been biking and running. It sounds a lot easier then swimming in a cold lake. I'm not sure I'm crazy about that idea? Might just have to sign myself up for that dualthon.. Wonder if I could get anyone to join me? It's women only!!

I will post the info once I find it again about the races coming up.. time to get ready to do some of them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment