Friday, May 4, 2012

Journal

My trusty fitness journal has been with me now since the first week in January. I started recording number of miles, how long I lifted weights, how many days a week I worked out, what I ate and my todo list for the day etc.. It's now been 19 weeks.. coming up on 20 and the last line in my journal to record all.

I'm saying good bye to a trusted source of keeping me going, motivated and honest about my daily workout and eating. If I could, I'd keep adding on to the pages where I keep my totals but there is no room. I need to start fresh again.

It's off to the book store to pick up a new fitness journal. I won't get the same one. I like this one I have but I'm sure to get new motivational advice and tips in a new book. They don't come cheap at $15 or more for a journal. It is cheap in comparison to not doing anything. I'll gladly shell out $15 if that's what it takes.

Come next Monday, I'll be starting fresh. Hopefully, with a new sense of motivation.. with 20 more weeks to record all in one place.

It's nice to look back at all the weeks, seeing how I changed and how far I've come. I haven't made huge strides but more little ones along the way. My weight really hasn't changed that much in 19 weeks.. but I feel more fit, more tone and know my lungs & heart are stronger. My will power is stronger then ever to keep going.

I'll keep the used up fitness journal to keep a record for myself to know how far I've come and how far I have to go....

So start fresh with me next Monday.. get yourself a journal and track everything on a daily basis. Your life will look so much more full.. You'll feel good about your accomplishments and you'll have a record of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment