Thursday, May 17, 2012

Har D run....


I had a really tough run yesterday afternoon. I worked out in the a.m running 6 miles and lifting weights then worked for 2 hours. I decided to run after a small lunch of fruit.

Well, I should have known I was not up for running 4 miles when I started out and my leg hurt. It never got any better. After a mile of having a hard time running I started walking. My calves and feet were killing me. I'm not talking a little ache. It was full blown pain. I had another 3 miles to walk up and down hills in pain. It took an hour to finish.

When I got home, I drank lots of water and had 2 Advil then elevated my legs and rested. I read on the Internet the pain is due to being dehydrated. Could be the case because I didn't want to drink a lot before I work and before I ran so I needed a lot more water. After 30 minutes, my legs felt fine, like nothing was ever wrong. Ugh!!! I won't do that again!!!

I'm hoping today if I decide to run, I won't have the same problem. Maybe I'll bike instead. No need to risk it!

Today.. rock climbing.. working, running and biking.. looking forward to a nice summer like day ahead!! .. ( rock climbing was good... only had trouble getting to the top of one climb. Tried 2x's but never made it to the top!)

Another note: I'm 100% sick of sweet potatoes. I cooked one yesterday for lunch only to take a small bite and that was it. Plus, I can't stand the though of eating rice with salsa or butter and pepper. I need to find another low cal food to enjoy?? Note: Tried more protein to keep me full. Canadian Bacon.. not so sure I'd want to eat this every day? Also had coleslaw with balsamic vinaigrette..good!

I am liking all the fruit.. bananas, green apples, blueberries, pineapple and strawberries... lets hope I don't get sick of my favorite fruits too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment