Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Exercise..


I was up late last night, midnight. So much for sleeping in this morning. My legs started twitching and I was laying there wide awake at 6am. Guess all I needed was 6 hours of sleep to be well rested. I didn't bother waking Steve to run with me. He was sound asleep and no amount of noise would wake him. I got ready, check the temperature outside 55*F and went out for my hour long run.

It was quiet on the streets. I didn't see anyone until the end of my run  and only a few people out with their dogs or just starting out running. I did enjoy seeing a mother deer and her baby cross the dirt road, there was also a very wet wood chuck that crawled back under a pine tree and a turkey that ran along side of the road for 20 feet before running back into the woods. Plus, there are always a lot of different kinds of birds, some ducks, various states of worms (squished, dried up, fresh and still wiggling) and bugs along the way. You just never know what you will come across or see when running and that's part of the fun.

Well, since I'm tired.. off to take a mini nap...



I did my hour, and planned to bike since it was so nice outside. I talked Steve into riding the bikes up to Cub a 3.5 mile ride, buying fruit (strawberries, bananas, raspberries and blue berries) getting a coffee at Dun bros and having our b-fast out on the patio. After our b-fast, we biked home with much of it down hill another 3.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment