Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1 Day To Go!!!

Here we are with one day to go before the 2 mile race. It's going to be a hot one! Temps are starting in the 70/80's at 8am and the humidity/dew point is tropical.

Temps this high so early in the morning means there will be no great record breaking race times.

I will be happy with any per mile time of 8 to 8-1/2 min. Hoping to be done running after 16-17 minutes!!! Quick-short but I'd rather be just running 1 mile then 2.

I'm not running at all today. My legs feel good. I haven't had any shin pain at all since Saturday.

I got to thinking... maybe the shin pain is due to lifting weights with my legs? I'll stop doing that for awhile to see if it makes any difference. No need to make my legs hurt by lifting weights!

I just want this race O V E R!!! Tomorrow I will get up at 6:00am... do a little stretching, run at least 1 or 2x's around our little block..about a half mile just to warm up my legs.

I also need to figure out what I'll wear race day.. or what tank top?

Need to re-do my Ipod so I have up-beat music for at least 20 minutes to help motivate myself to run, run, run!!

I'm hoping my kids have fun with this race. Maybe my strategy will change at race time if it's too hot. Maybe it's more important to run with the family and all finish together then to run my own race? I really don't know the answer to that yet. I'm sure my kids will run their own race so not sure it's necessary to run with them too since Steve will be. I have a feeling they might just do better then me.... Which would be great to see them both keep up or pass me.

I shouldn't stress out about this race. I should have fun with it... I will.. no matter what.. We will all have a fun 4th starting it off together as a family running... something my kids can do for life...

No comments:

Post a Comment