Monday, July 9, 2012

Smile..Just Smile


This morning I felt refreshed and great on my run. I didn't run much outside all last week because it was way too hot! Over 80*F and humid at 6am.

Today, it was cool out in the 60's when I started out on my run. I felt good and decided to smile and look happy when I ran.. I ran by at least a dozen or more walkers, bikers and runners today. I greeted them all with a hand wave, smile and a good morning. I wanted to spread my happiness and be that person who is happy and healthy.

I got a nice hug from a gym friend today when I told her about getting 1st in the 2 mile race. She was proud of me knowing how hard I've been training the past year. She wants me to bring in a photo of my trophy. It was so nice of her to care. It felt good.

After working out with weights at the gym for 30 minutes and not lifting any leg weights. I ran home. I felt so good running I decided to run another 2 miles around our neighborhood. I ran a total of 9.22 miles today and could have kept running.

I didn't know how the scale would be today with eating camping food all weekend and not exercising but what do you know... no change at all in weight. Thank goodness!

I know realize I don't need to be so ridged about working out every day. I won't gain 10 pounds over night or in 2 days. I won't stop working out just because I took a short rest break. 

I will feel refreshed and have a new outlook on taking care of me with rest and relaxation.  I loved being able to be lazy, sleep in, read, have fun and not worry about what I ate, or how much I did or did not exercise for the last 2 days. I do know that any longer then 2 days I'd probably go crazy not working out and start to feel not so good with the food choices. So it's back on track today.. even though I wanted a pop tart and a roll for breakfast.. Still plenty of time to eat healthy at lunch, dinner and snacks today..

No comments:

Post a Comment