Sunday, July 22, 2012

A New Day...

It's a new day.. time to get started on a new goal.

I have been thinking a lot about doing a triathlon or even a dualathalon not sure I'm ready for either, but there are short races in both. I need a plan of action and one to watch sooner then later.

Running today was good. I ran to the gym and home again after lifting weights for 40 minutes. I did extra weights in hopes to tone up more.


I'm doing a new exercise that targets my abs and works on my lower butt.This is the best picture I could find. I keep my legs straight and a roller holds down my ankles but it's the same up and down motion. I did a behind check today and I have a little dimple instead of a big crater on each cheek left to work and tone on my butt. I think I can, I think I can.. get rid of it forever!! If I keep doing these exercises targeting my lower butt and my abs, the dimples are sure to go away. Finally, an exercise that I know will help!

It's also a new day to work towards running a half marathon which is 13 miles. The Belle Plain 1/2 marathon is along the Minnesota river valley with some hills, some flat areas. I was reading the comments from other runners and it looks like from the elevations and comments mile 6 & 12 are the hardest since it's all up hill. I'll do plenty of training on hills since all my running routes have plenty of challenging hills. My only goal for this 1/2 marathon is just to complete it running injury free. I want to be able to enjoy the run, not care about my run time and just be in the moment. Of course there is the age awards for first woman/man. So that's of course in my mind..

I want to work on doing all types of races. I want to do a 10K: 6.2miles, a 10 mile race and some day do a full marathon. I also want to do some fun runs where it's not all about competition and getting a better PR. I want to keep loving running and how it makes me feel. I love that I can start my day with something that makes me healthy, clears my mind and starts off my day on the right foot. I never would have know how beneficial running would be. I know I would read all kinds of info on it and the benefits. It's not until you start doing it, running day in and out that you finally get it. People that don't run, won't get it. So if you want to understand where I'm coming from... start walking.. take baby steps until you are a runner. You'll never regret that decision. It will be the best thing you can do for YOU. It's a new day.. start today.. you've heard that saying.. tomorrow, tomorrow it's always tomorrow.. well, do it today instead..

No comments:

Post a Comment