Friday, July 27, 2012

Make me Run...


I need to run.. sometimes in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, which is 99% of the time around 1am to 3am. All I want to do is to get out of bed and go run. I can't.. it's too dark, the gym isn't open and I really should be sleeping even though I know I won't fall back asleep until around 3 or 4am. It's an endless cycle.

I really thought, all this running would help me sleep. The only thing that does make me want to sleep is reading. I  love to read but it's always hard to keep my eyes open. That's not a bad thing when I need to sleep but in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.. it doesn't help!

I purchased a new iTunes card yesterday to download more music. I'm excited to have something else to listen to as I've taken up listening to the morning shows on the radio. It's mostly talking, but it's something to distract me from wanting to stop running.

Much cooler today and there was a cool breeze.. something I haven't felt for weeks.

I need to step up my running miles.. I need to start preparing for the half marathon in October..

Saturday, I plan to run more miles.... Maybe add our neighborhood of 1.5 miles on to my 7.22 going to the gym. Or maybe I'll run 4.0 the close loop to home and then run to the gym and home again. Which ever I do will be fine and add to my long run for the day.  The 4 will get me closer to running 13 which I need to start doing on a regular basis to build up.. speed and stamina.

No comments:

Post a Comment