Monday, July 30, 2012

Not so easy...

It's not so easy to run every day. It's hard work. Some days really hard. Today was one of those hard to keep running days. I'm glad I have a destination in mind, so I know that I have to run to the gym. The only way to get home is to run. Sure, I could walk.. which believe me, I think about.. do I ever do it.. just walk it.. nope! I don't walk because I know its going to take me twice as long to get home again or to the gym. I know I burn more calories running then I do walking. So the only way I'll stop is if something doesn't feel right or I have pain where if I kept running I would make things worse.

I should have been motivated to run today. I didn't get to run yesterday because it rained and I really missed it.

What I am looking for is a change again. I want to try some trail running on dirt paths through the woods. The park close to home, finally is done. I think the loop is 2 miles. I'll bring along my phone GPS. It's something new that I can look forward to. I don't think the park opens until 8am so this is a good option after lifting weights at the gym or going in the afternoon when I'm looking for something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment