Saturday, July 28, 2012

Good Morning..

I had a great run today. Started out at 6:30am, up with the sun. For once, my feet did not hurt as I took my first steps out on the street. My  feet felt great in my new running shoes. I no longer have that painful first 20 or more yards of running.

I ran to the gym as I always do.. lifted weights for about 10 minutes before returning home. I felt good running home. I slowed my pace a bit just so I could run extra today. I turned around when I reached our house and headed back out the the neighborhood and around the big U, to do another 1.5 miles of running. My total 7.22 + 1.5 mile = almost 9 miles. I felt good enough to keep going but I need to increase my weekly miles slowly.

I have 10-11 weeks to train for my 1/2 marathon. I need to work up to running 13 miles all at once, no breaks.. I know I can run this 1/2 marathon right now but I want to feel good running it the whole time and enjoy it. I will only be able to do that with extra miles of training.

My goals are to just run this 1/2 marathon and get a time under 2 hours and 10 minutes. That gives me 10 minutes per mile. If I get under that time, great. Something to aim for would be under 2 hours but I'm not going to go for speed. This one is to just complete a half marathon and check that off my goal list.

No comments:

Post a Comment