Sunday, July 29, 2012

Count Backwards... to 10


I have 10 weeks to go before I run a half marathon. I was looking forward to running lots of miles today. That didn't happen. I woke up to the sound of rain. Not just a little bit of rain but a down pour that would not stop.

I needed a back up plan to get a workout in.. Now what? hummmmmmm..... I was so undecided about what to do. I forgot to stretch, which I never forget. Drove myself to the gym and still wasn't sure what I planned to do for a workout.

I ended up climbing up on the treadmill.. setting it to random and started running at 6.0mph, then decreased the speed to 5.7 and ran that for 15 minutes up and down on the inclines. Time was going slow.. I was getting no where. It didn't feel hard running, I wasn't out of breath.. I wasn't tired.. I just wasn't anything.. At one point, I decided I'd crank up the speed to 7.0 and see how that felt to run faster. Felt fine.. the last 5 minutes I cranked the speed up to 9.0 to see how that felt.. fast but I could do it... after a minute of that fast.. I decreased it back down to 7.0 to finish out 3 miles, running 30 minutes. Good enough!

I didn't even feel like lifting weights so I just went to the store instead to get some bananas and hash browns for breakfast. Maybe it was hunger, or just lack of drive today with the rain stopping my plan of running outside.. more miles..

I still have 10 weeks to train. Plenty of time to get in long runs outside. Plenty of time to prepare..

Even though today was not a great workout day. I still did something! Something is better then nothing. I have to be happy that I just got to it.. Did something for me even if it was only 30 minutes.. Maybe the weather will clear and I'll be able to run outside still today or tonight... just maybe???


38.6 miles of running and 14.4 miles of biking for the week.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment