Saturday, July 21, 2012

1 Mile, Run for the Gold




Yippppppeeeeeeeeee.. I did it.. I did it... I scored another 1st place but best of all. I beat my PR time.. I did better then I thought with a 6 minute and 39 second mile time. I could hardly believe it!!!

Here's what I tell myself before and during a run.. it's only going to be 7 minutes or less out out of your life. It will be over soon.

Here are the Stats:
Out of 110 people of all ages that ran in today's 1 mile race, I came in at #20
Out of 53 females of all ages that ran in today's 1 mile race, I came in at #4
And out of my age group, there were 10 of us, I came in #1..
The next Female in my age group came in just 32 seconds after me.

The race conditions were humid, 80*F and pouring rain. Plus this mile run, you start off running up hill. You come to almost a complete stop after 1/2 mile and turn around to go back to the start line.

A great day to race for me!!! I was going to also run the 4 mile just to do it, but the rain came down harder and there were flashes of lightening. No need to run in less then okay conditions. I did what I set out to do. I set out to get under a 7 min mile time. I achieved my goals and took 1st to boot!

I'm so proud of both my children, Celina and Logan for running the mile with me. Celina ran it last year taking 2nd and this year ended up with a better mile time by almost a minute and taking 3rd place. It was Logan's first time running a mile. He ran hard, but in the 9 & 10 boys age group there is tough competition... He came in 8 out of 10 but took home a lucky door prize!

Next year we will do it again.. Run for the GOLD!!!

One of the fun things about running in races, you get to know a few others who also race. You start to recognize familiar faces, some of the same people show up race after race. I met a woman in her early 50's who started running a year ago. Rosemount was her first race too. She took 1st in her age group on the 4 mile. It was nice to see someone along the same path as I was.. running to be healthy and just going for it! I hope to see her at more races in the future and I bet I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment