Friday, July 20, 2012

Nervous...


I always get nervous before a race. It starts as soon as I decide to do a race. It's a day away.. exactly 24 hours.. at this time 7:54am I'll be at the race start line. Ready to go run the mile.. I'm wanting under a 7 minute mile.

Will I be able to run under a 7 min mile? I hope so.. my foot still hurts, but it's a lot better. I'm really hoping tomorrow it won't hurt at all. Wishful thinking on my part.

After this race on Saturday, the next one is a fun mud run. I am volunteering in September and if I want to run it after, I can for no charge. I'm going solo on this one.

I plan to start training for the 1/2 marathon. I need to run 13 miles at least 2x's a week starting next week as long as my foot is okay. I want to make sure I don't hurt my foot more. I might have to take time off and recover.

I'll be doing lots of cross training, biking.. so that will help get in exercise and stay fit.

Looking into doing a tri-athalon too. I'm in the reading about it stage. I'd like to watch one to see how they transition between events and what kind of equipment the racers use. I can rent a bike so I could always do that for a race as long as I pre-try the bike and am comfortable.

Many things to think about doing.. on going process..

Diet Month Update:

Did great yesterday. Avoided any and all junk foods. Ate lots of blueberries, a few bananas for those sweet tooth cravings and had a dark chocolate protein bar which is good for you! Just cutting back a little every day on calories..nothing extreme.. Down a few oz of weight today.. going in the right direction..

No comments:

Post a Comment