Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One more time...


One more time I had to try out another pair of running shoes. I returned the pair that made 2 really big blisters on my toes. Went to Runner's Gate in Apple Valley/ Lakeville and used my $20 off coupon from the race last week. Instead of $120 shoes I got this new pair for $95. Still a lot to pay for running shoes but cheaper then the last pair I returned.

Who would have thought I'd be excited to run on the treadmill. Only because I wanted to see how the new shoes felt on my feet. I have to test them inside or I can't return them.

I decided to run the 4 mile loop close to home, bike to the gym 3.45 miles and then run on the treadmill for 2 miles, lift weights and bike home. A lot of working out but not too much were I was overly tired.

What do you know!! My new running shoes, (kind of ugly) felt great! Love them!! At least right now I love them. Just hope it stays that way. Now to try them on pavement tomorrow. The purchase becomes final at this point. So, keeping my fingers crossed that I have no problems because I will be suck with some expensive shoes that I won't be able to wear running.

I still like my old running shoes but they do hurt the outside of my foot. I now know that I run on the outside of my feet, not inside like I was thinking. The new shoes will help stabilize the foot so I will run more evenly on both sides of my feet and it will prevent the foot from rolling inward.

I don't think you need to run out to get expensive shoes until you know more about how much your going to be running and until you've been running for awhile. I got to the point where I wanted the correct shoe for my foot only after I had foot hurting issues. That's probably a good reason and a good time to invest in a good shoe. Don't do it before your really running.. the shoes you have are good enough until you figure out they are no longer working for your feet.

It's easy to get caught up in buying all the stuff you think you might need as a runner. I'm taking it slow.. One thing at a time. New real running shoes, new moisture wicking socks, a heart rate monitor and some simple running clothes. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to invest in moisture wicking tops and shorts.. that too will come over time. I don't feel the need for it right now but it is on my mind. We've had a lot of humid days were I am drenched in sweat. I've been wondering how one of those tops would feel. Would I really like  or even notice a difference? Well, I'm not there yet. I'll keep wearing just plain old tank tops.. and rotate between my running shorts and skirt. I'll invest slowly  in this new sport I've come to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment