Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quickly.. fading


My race wins quickly fade after race day. In fact the thrill is pretty much over after I compare all the race results and up date the blog.

I wish I could hold on to that winner feeling but I can't. I never seem to be good enough. Or think I am good enough. There is always something I wish I had done differently.. something I could have done better. Even though I came in 1st it's just a local race. It's not like the "Big Guns" of racing come out to these events. Like I'd even have a chance against them. Don't get me wrong, there is some serious competition in these local races. Who doesn't want to get a better time, place if they can?

I am after all competing with only women and women in their 40's. I guess that's why I like to compare the over all place I came in. 4th.. that's not too bad for all women that entered this last race. I like the fact that out of men and women I can place in the top 20.

I'm still a beginner runner. This sport is still very new to me and I'm just trying to figure it all out.

I'm not sure how long this figuring out stage will take. I think, I need to experience a big city race with tons of people to really understand what running is like in a race. It's not going to be a race to get a good time. It's just to run with a bunch of people that love to run.

Every time I go for a run.. I'm getting a little more seasoned. Every time I read more on the sport of running I learn just a little bit more. I need to talk with more true runners.. I want to improve and learn more about this new sport. I want to keep feeling that race excitement and keep coming back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment