Wednesday, July 4, 2012

1st Place!!!!!

I did it!!!!! I got a trophy!!! I came in 1st in women 40 - 49 in the 2 mile Apple Valley Freedom Days Race.


The race started on grass. We ran a good 100 yards or maybe more then it switched to a trail, road, sidewalk but mostly flat with a small hill incline. At the one mile point, the 2 mile racers turned around and ran back. I checked my stop watch and I was at 7 min and 24 seconds. A great time for a mile in my book! I finished with a time of 14 minutes and 24 seconds. It averaged 7 minutes and 14 seconds per mile.

Out of 175 runner doing the 2 mile, I came in 29 over all. I also competed against 21 women in my age group of 40 - 49 years old.

I had a feeling I'd come in first. The funny thing about this race compared to the last one is that this race was really fast. I didn't feel like I was running really fast, plenty of people I passed that slowed me down a bit. My breathing only became heavy at the end when I could see the finish line across the field of grass. It was a weird sensation trying to sprint to the finish line. It was chipped timed so very accurate!

So now that I have a first place trophy and a 2nd place ribbon.. I need a metal.. another 1st would be nice... ;0)

All my training paid off.. all those miles I run every day, every week, every month... Everyone one helped me come in 1st today. I love that chuck of plastic and stone. It's true.. you can make things happen and good things with lots of hard work.

My trophy is now on our fireplace mantel.. I haven't had a trophy since 1st grade t-ball we came in 2nd place over all.






No comments:

Post a Comment