Monday, July 16, 2012

30 Weeks of "I Will Get Fit"


I've been recording my workout, weight and eating progress for 30 weeks now. I can't say my weight has changed from 30 weeks ago as it still is an up and back down process but it always stays in the same range.
I know my lungs are stronger and I run more outside then I ever have before. I am sure my muscles are a lot more tone. Muscles weight more then fat, so I'm taking that as to why the last few pounds never came off.

I have another 10 more weeks to go of charting my progress in book #2 and then I will go out and buy book #3 of "I will get Fit!" I know it helps keep me motivated tracking my progress having to write it all down, the good with the bad. I have a long road ahead to maintain this weight loss and fitness for the rest of my life.

I've made a lot of good changes this past 2 years. I still have my ups and downs with food but mostly I don't let it bother me. I had french fries at Mcd's yesterday. I just wanted some salt and the taste of fries. I ordered myself a small.. and enjoyed every one of those fries. I never let it get me down.. thinking I wrecked my diet.. I made a choice to have them, not as a reward but some thing I can do, can have once in a great while if I really want it. No excuses! I even had ice cream 2x's yesterday and a brownie. Far more desserts then I needed. You have to allow yourself days like that. It's all about learning to eat normal,  maintain a life you can live with.. and enjoy all without ever depriving yourself.

Yesterday, on the Color Run I met another woman. She also had lost a significant amount of weight 70 pounds, then had gained 30 back, and then lost another 15 but was still up 15 pounds from her lowest weight.   She also lost the weight over a year or more and has been trying to maintain. Life if full of stress.. it's not a reason to let things go.. life is always changing.. It was nice to talk with some one else to see how they did it.. how they were doing with maintaining. It's not an easy path.. but it's much harder to not try and not lose the weight and not be fit. So while it might be hard some days, it's not as hard as when I carried around those extra 50+ pounds. I won't ever forget! I won't ever go back... I'm only moving forward.. STRONGER EVERy DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment