Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Do your buns hang low...


I've taken up wearing a running skirt. It hides my low jiggly buns. The shorts under are tight and keep the bouncing to a minimum. The only problem I have with this running skirt is the shorts like to rid my my legs.

My thighs still rub together when I run. You'd think they wouldn't because it's not like my thighs are fat. Must just be the way I run.. because they slowly push up those shorts and I'm always pulling them down to prevent my skin rubbing together.

I do notice once I get all sweaty, it helps keep those shorts in place. Maybe I need to put some water on my legs to wet them down before I run?

Today, I worked on sprinting. I didn't do very well at the race in the end. I didn't like watching those little girls dash my me the last race. I know I was being cautious on the grass so I would not hurt myself but the next race will be pavement and all down hill.  No excuse to not run hard and fast at the end.

My kids said it hardly looks like I'm trying to run fast at the end. A good sign I need to pick it up and start practicing that sprint part of the race. I still won't go all out as I need to save that for race day.

Yesterday I looked up the Mile times for last years Run for the Gold. In my age group if I plan on placing I need to get a 6 min and 57 sec mile time or better to get first. 2nd place is 7 min and 20 sec and 3rd was like an 8 min some mile. It's a lot of pressure to get a better time then the last race where I was able to do a mile in 7 min and 24 sec. but that was for 2 miles each so I'm thinking it should be no problem shaving off 24 seconds.. right? Well, the race does have it's challenges. like the part where it's all up hill right away. There is also a small but steep hill on the way back too and mostly an incline coming back.. not a flat easy run.. I need to go there today and run it.. or tomorrow.. to practice and time myself going at a nice pace not all out so I have an idea of my pace to be able to get a great time. Maybe even score a PR.. Personal Best Race time.. Who knows.. only the race day will tell..

I'm trying to get another runner I know to sign up for this race too. It's competition but not... she could be faster but I'm only competing with women my age and she is younger. It is added stress for me of wanting to do better but that's my competitive side. I like and welcome the challenge even if she does get a better mile time. It's good to keep challenged and work towards a bigger and better goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment