Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Keep going..



I had to tell myself this morning on my run to keep going. Not to walk, not to get a ride home and not to give up. My foot hurt and I want to be home.

This weather, hot and humid is just not fun for running. It takes every thing out of me just to do it. I feel crabby, hot and tired. Running does not energize me and I feel like I am dragging.

The next 2 days, Thursday and Friday I won't run. I need to take a break from running to get prepared for the 1 mile and 4 mile race on Saturday. Oh, yes.. it's going to be hot on Saturday. Some where in the 90's and I have no idea about the humidity but I'm sure it will be tropical. Not good conditions to run.

I will bike to the gym tomorrow.. just lift weights and go home.. 2 days of rest. I need it..

This morning with 10 minutes left of my run, my right foot started hurting on the side. Not sure why? Now it hurts just when I walk.. I'm hoping this is just a small-short term injury that will quickly go away.

Okay.. feel like I need a nap.. maybe  30 minutes of shut eye would be good before I start my day..

Off to nap.. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment