Thursday, July 5, 2012

At "IT" Again

The day after my race, I get another e-mail reminding me about the upcoming Rosemount Run for the Gold 1 mile or 4 mile race. I could just run one race or both. It's in 3 weeks, Saturday July 21st.

I know Steve would like me not to do some of these summer races because that means we have to stay in town for the weekend when he would rather go away.

It's a love/hate relationship I have with these races. I think about it daily until race time. I train for it and lay awake at night worrying about it. The night of the race, I can't sleep... I just want to do it, to get it over with and run.

Why, oh why then do I put myself through racing? It's a good way to chart my progress and see how I compare against other runners. Plus, a little friendly running competition is always good! I'm also really liking placing in the races.

I've now ran 4 miles, 3.2 miles (5K) 2x's and a 2 mile race so I have 4 races under my belt. I need a 1 mile and 13 miles then some day.. some day.. 26 miles.

The day after a race, I pretty much spend the whole day going over the results of the race, previous races and looking at other runners race times. I chart my progress, see how far I've come and how I stack up to the competition. I love results and all kinds of them.

Now to figure out my next running goals...
I'm thinking I should be able to work towards getting a 7 min mile time for just one mile. I will need to run only 24 seconds faster and I know I can do it. I probably can get a 6 min and 59.

The fastest women on the 2 mile race was able to run a 6 min and 12 sec mile which is fast the 2nd fastest time was 6 min and 51 sec, which is more do-able.

Another goal.. work towards running 2 hours or 13 miles. No time.. just to run and do it in 2 hours or less.

Soooo back to training every day for me.... out there putting in the miles after miles.. speed work and long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment