Sunday, July 8, 2012

Posts...Public Info

I only usually post on Blogspot.. just because hardly anyone cares to read it. I've told only a few my blog address and I like to keep it that way.  I don't want to worry about being careful what I write. What would be the point if I can't say what I like?

I did however choose to post on FB about my 1st place in the Apple Valley race. It was nice to get a few likes. I didn't really expect any comments or likes. I never comment or hardly like much of any thing that others post. While it's nice to get feedback, I think?  There are those comments you never expect? Or should I have expected it? I'm talking about a friend I've known for a long time. Mostly in my 20's.. but have kept in touch over the years through various friends. He wrote the comment " first? " Just that one word.. Like I'm not capable of coming in 1st.

I'm not going to be offended by this comment of "First?" He should be puzzled. After all, I never use to be a runner and he has no idea of the last 2 years all the working out, running I've done. So to people who no longer are in my day to day life.. which is most people on FB.. they have no idea. So, I should not be surprised at this comment.

I don't feel the need to explain how I got to the point where I was able to run and come in 1st. It's actually not the first place that is what I'm most proud of.. It's the fact that I was #7 in all 96 women of all ages that ran and #30 out of men and women of all ages that ran and there were over 177.

Most people don't know that I run every day. They have no idea that I decided 2 years ago the end of July that I was going to make big changes in my life. I was fat, unhappy with me and lazy. I re-invented myself to be what I wanted. Someone who runs, exercises and eats healthy. I'm going in the direction I set out to go in and I'm not looking back.

So, I might never post anything again on FB.. I just wanted for once to join everyone and post what I thought was really great! A great accomplishment for me. Yes, to brag and I earned those bragging rights for every step I ran...and for all the steps I'll take in the future..

So I hope they all were shocked and surprised to see that I did do something.. something most of them won't ever try...

No comments:

Post a Comment