Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do I need a day off?

I could use a day off....but do I need a day off? That is the question of the day.

Steve was tired this morning and wanted to sleep in. I left to the gym without him. It's not easy going to workout by yourself when it's still very dark out, everyone is sleeping and you don't really feel like doing anything.

I know it's not possible to sleep in for me, so no use trying. I know I'd feel guilty and be kicking myself for skipping a workout. So, I go... decide to do whatever.. just to be there at the gym is enough. I'm still burning calories, still toning my body and doing what I need to do to get me going every day.

I so could use a day where I don't workout.. maybe that would re-charge me and I'd be all Gung-Ho again?

Or maybe I need to mix my workout up a little more. I do the same thing day in and day out, listen to the same music, watch the same new TV every day. Same old, same old...

I hope this weekend by not going to the gym and doing all my running outdoors will be the re-charge I need. A 2 day break from the gym.. more fresh air.. a goal reached for running 2 hours.. Maybe this will be the trick?

One more day to go.. Friday.. one more workout at the gym..

Forgot, I'm signed up tonight for a free class at the gym using some arm straps that give you an all over body workout. I forget what it's called.. TRX? I'll let you know how it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment