Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday.... Monday...

Oh that favorite day of the week.. Monday... Ha!

I only have about 6 more weeks of getting up at 4:30am to go workout. After the kids get out of school for the summer, we will be going to the gym much later! No need to get up before the sun rises and go to bed at 9pm. I'm looking forward to sleeping later. I'm sure this will take time to get use to the new schedule, but it's a much needed change.

On the news this morning the question was asked on what keeps you consistently exercising every day?

For me the answer is simple... fear of getting fat again! That's right! It's simple, exercise will keep the weight off and allow me to eat. It's when I don't exercise I go into panic mode for fear the weight will start to creep back up. That's one of the reasons I weight myself every day. I don't want to one day step on the scale and discover I've gained 50 pounds. It was too hard to lose it the first time. I don't want to go though that again. It's easier to just be consistent, schedule exercise into my day and stick with it. It's too hard to quit, too hard to not exercise too hard to work my way back up to the fitness level I'm at currently and too hard to not eat some days what I want.. healthy or not!

So happy Monday... a start of a new week.. closer to a change in my workout schedule to mix things up!!

And speaking of mixing things up... Checked out the Farmington race route yesterday. Not what I expected. It seems a lot longer then 4 miles when we drove it. I don't really feel comfortable running it by myself as its through neighborhoods I don't know, the fair grounds and along a busy road. I'll stick to training close to home on familiar, more scenic routes and probably skip the race since I'm less then thrilled with the looks of it.

Also on my weekly running totals... 74.5 miles! I skipped out on my last 2 miles yesterday morning, just because I thought I'd be running an extra 4 in Farmington which didn't happen! I just never got motivated later on in the day to do the extra running... Oh well, I'm not complaining about my weekly mile total!

No comments:

Post a Comment