Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Get In Gear

I need to get in Gear!l... and it's not the Mpls race this coming weekend that I'm referring. The last 2 days I've been cutting back on my outdoor run. Just going 4 miles and calling it good. Is that so bad? Not so sure????

I'm not making any progress if I don't try and push myself. I was kind of feeling like I needed a fitness break, so I cut back on my outdoor run. Not sure this is what I should be doing?

Today, I decided to do my normal cross ramp but had in my mind that I should do some other machine, treadmill..nope... elliptical... maybe.. ,but I didn't.. back to the familiar same old,  same old... Which is okay...

I did mix up my morning weight lifting. I did everything in reverse and I added in some new machines. I should do this every time to mix things up, so my body doesn't get too use to what I do every day.

What else would I like to do to Get in Gear? Biking... I'm going to bike my 4 mile route with GPS in hand just to make sure my 4 miles is 4 miles! I really want to mountain bike and I should stop waiting for Steve to come with me. I did it last year by myself and should get out there again. I just would enjoy it more with company. Plus, if I were to take a bad fall... I'd have someone there to help me out and vice versa. Not that I'm planning on falling but accidents do happen out there. I'll bring my phone instead and there is always 911... right?

As I was running this morning.. I decided that this was the weekend I would try to run 2 hours all together.. outside. Yes, that's right... no gym on Saturday/ Sunday.. just me and the road. I will stop and stretch my toes if I feel the need but my plan is to just run.. . slow  9 to 10 minute miles. I'll do my 4 mile route 2x's followed by 2x's running the neighborhood. This give me plenty of opportunity to quit if I have any leg/foot issues. I don't want to risk getting injured and not be able to run. So, I'd rather make sure I pass by home a few times to allow myself an out if needed. It will be mind over matter just to get through the whole 2 hours.. Can I do it? If I can't... I'll keep trying...

So, it's time for me to Get in Gear in more ways then one!

No comments:

Post a Comment