Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Running & Workout Goals

I have a few running & workout goals that I work towards each day. Here's my list:

  • Just do some form of exercise every day
  • Run for an hour on the cross ramp
  • Run outside if the weather is nice, at least 4 miles to 6 or more...
  • lift weights at least 5 days a week  (15 to 30 minutes)
  • Cross train... do some other type of exercise/activity at least a few times a month, bike, ski etc..
  • Work towards a goal... I have a plan every day when I start on what I'd like to accomplish..
  • Decide if I'm taking it easy or going hard on any given day, all depends on my energy levels.
  • Don't give myself permission to not work out

My big goal is to run a half marathon.. 13.1 miles without stopping... It's going to take me a little over 2 hours at a leisure pace. No deadline.. just want to do it on my own. I have no plans to actually sign up for a race, just to run it on my own is good enough!

Yesterday, my afternoon goal was to just get out and run. Don't worry about the time or my heart rate. I had low energy levels and was unmotivated. It's mind over matter. I just said, I will run or walk but I will go out because it's too nice outside to not go. There were a few times on my run that I would have like to just walk but I kept running. I just did 4 miles and not my usual 6 but for a day where I don't feel like running that's good enough.

I'm hoping today I will have more energy to run longer outside. My plan is to just enjoy my outside run. No need to go fast.. just enjoy the nice day..

I'm already thinking to the weekend ahead. I want to skip the gym (mix up my routine) and just run, run as long as I want. I'm hoping to run at least 8 miles. I'll do my 4 mile route 2x's and if I need to stop to stretch my feet for a few minutes, I'll do just that! Plus, I'd also like to do some mountain biking so I'll save my energy and try something different for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment