Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A little of Everything

Here's a little of everything for today.

Salt was not my friend this past weekend. I managed to put on 3 pounds of water weight and thankfully, today I was down 2 of those 3 pounds. I had more salty ham last night and I'm hoping that's the 3rd and last pound of water weight?

Running was hard yesterday. The run it's self didn't feel hard, it was just getting out to run that felt hard. I wanted to run, it looked nice enough to run but I was mentally not ready to run. It took me a good 4 hours to talk myself into going out and just doing it. I have figured out that if your not dressed for exercise, it's harder to get motivated. I changed into my running clothes, eased into the idea of going out by doing a 20 minute session of stretches. I tried out some new stretching with a book I picked up at the local library. I walked outside to get the mail to check out the temperature and decide how I should dress for my run.

It was a windy day yesterday and a bit chilly. Since I was having a hard time motivating myself to just go, go.... I decided to take it slow. Run it as slow as I wanted and I was not going to push myself at all. I just wanted to do it. I also had a mind set that I would just try 10 minutes of running and see how I felt. I've read that telling yourself just try something for a few minutes more then likely you'll do more. It does work, I got out and within 5 minutes I was feeling good and running felt easy for the most part but I still didn't push myself. It's okay to have easy run days. I needed that.

Today, I have a plan of going for a run an easy run again but longer. Instead of just running 4 miles and stopping, I'll keep going.. running for an hour not paying attention to the miles I run. It's all about just running for a whole hour at a slow easy pace. I usually run for 37 minutes so I'll have at least 20 extra minutes to run. Not a huge amount to add on to running. It's best to increase slowly... I'm not going for burn out!

I'm hoping it's less windy today.. liking the cooler weather to run.. I don't get so sweaty.

So there it is.. a little of everything for today...

I decided to try the 4 mile Rosemount race route. I drove the route to figure out where I'd be running. I still got a little confused on my run when the neighborhood path split. I lost some time there, but luckily I chose the right path. I finished without a lot of effort after 33 minutes and 55 seconds.a mile time of 8.38 per mile. My last year race time with slip on shoes was 35.22 or an 8.51 minute mile. My run today was in cold weather around 50*F and very windy. When I ran the race last year it was over cast, humid and in July. The route has rolling hills.. not exactly flat and not extremely hilly.

I did a little looking into last years time and ages for a goal to be able to place this year. Here's what I found out.... I'm hoping this will help prepare me for race day. Aiming for a 30 minute 4 miles, which is a 7 min 50 second mile. I can do it..

No comments:

Post a Comment