Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter...cise...

Easter and exercise and eating right.

Hummm... now here comes the challenge. Pressure from family to be at home for all of Easter, make food and still fit in me time.

Well, I got up early, went to the gym and ran for an hour. I needed that time for me to burn the calories I'd be eating. I upped the mph from 6.0 to 6.5 and the last minute I ran at 7mph. A grand total of 60 minutes, 6.5 miles and 738 calories burned. No time for weights today. I do have time to run outside now, but I feel tired. Tired is a sign that I need to ease up. As much as I would like to get in more miles for a better grand total at the end of this week for running, I know I should just be okay with what I did accomplish.

As I was running today, I thought this is hard. I want to stop running. I want it to be easy. 30 minutes into my run, my heart was only at 137, I didn't feel tired and was glad I kept running. The 59th minute I felt good, enough to go on.. but I was glad the hour was up. Even running that last minute at a faster pace 7.0mph, I could have ran for longer at that same pace. So, it ended up being a little over a nine minute mile I ran today. A nice pace to work on improving for an easy run day.

In the next week, I will go run Rosemount's race trail a 4 mile route. I also want to check out Farmington's 3 mile race route where it's all flat. I should get a really good mile time and I'm anxious to see how I compare.

Speaking of comparisons... I went on-line and looked at past race results for 40+ year old women. I wanted to see what type of mile time I needed to place. I'm hoping to do much better this year but mostly I just want to improve my personal best. Whatever my personal best is.. will be just fine by me. It is what it is...

Back to Easter, healthy eating.. not in the cards today. I've had candy, bacon, donuts, pudding, cheese and that's just breakfast. Dinner will be bread, ham, potatoes and key lime pie.

Monday will be back to healthy eating.. more running, weight lifting and working... Got to live a little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment