Thursday, April 19, 2012

Something New...

I'm trying something new today. A new type of diet.

I hopped on the scale today, as I do every day and was down 2 pounds in 2 days. I did 12.5 miles of running each day, 20 minutes of weights and cleaned for a few hours to burn more calories. Plus, cut way back on the Easter Chocolates and watched what I ate, meaning more veggies.

Back to the new type of diet. I'm going to try my version of Atkins. I already had 3 scrambled eggs for b-fast and a handful of frosted flakes(okay not on the diet) and a small taste of bacon. For lunch I'll have a microwaved sweet potato plain, then for dinner I'm making baked chicken breast and a salad. Snacks.. air popped popcorn.

I also tried a new drug today. Instead of taking 1 or 2 Excedrin with 65mg or 2 for 130mg of caffeine,  I am trying out 1 jetset pill with only caffeine at 200mg to help wake me up at 4:30am and give me the energy boost I need to run for an hour then lift weights for 20-30 minutes. All the articles I read, most athletes use some form of caffeine. I don't drink coffee so this is the only way I can get some. I do exercise in the afternoons and weekends with out anything. I just like the extra help early in the mornings. I'll also take a little caffeine before a race.

With all the new changes I'm making today, I hope to see some results.... More running miles, more caffeine and a new diet to kick off my weight loss. Results?








No comments:

Post a Comment