Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Over and Over and Over and Over....

Do I ever get sick of doing my workout in the morning over and over and over and over again? Yes, sometimes. The last 2 days have been particularly hard to be motivated. I just don't let anything , anyone or myself talk me out of not going. I have to get up, get out of bed and get moving!

I just start off running at a slower pace and maybe back off on the resistance from 8 or 9 to a lesser 7. I don't need to work myself so hard every day. I don't need to push myself just because I think I have to. I need easy days and the last 2 days I've needed that. If I need a whole week or month of easy runs I'll do it. I just am happy I made it through a workout regardless of how hard I push or don't push myself.

I am looking forward to getting outside to run again today. Maybe that's what is making my indoor morning runs so difficult. It's that I love to run outside. I love the fresh air, I love just being outside with the birds, seeing the green grass. The time I run just flys by. Unlike indoor running, staring at the TV, same old same old.. So, I'll save my motivation and my harder running for what I like best right now.. that's my afternoon running outside...

Plus, I'm also going over and over again on weight loss... it something I think about on a daily basis.. I have to .. I have to keep up my weight loss. Trying for more.. baby steps.. 0.8 pound loss which is pretty much a sip of water but down in the right direction for today.. It could be up tomorrow but I'll keep doing it over and over again.. losing and gaining the same weight just to maintain that 50 pound loss...


Update... okay so my afternoon run wasn't so easy.. I had a hard time getting going. I procrastinated for over an hour. Ended up eating too big of a lunch. Even the nice weather didn't get me all excited to go out. I even cheated and took 1Excedrin to get some much needed caffeine in me. I don't' think it ever kicked in. I did go out to run and felt fine but quit after 54 minutes. Good enough... I need a rest! I can't rest, I promised Logan we'd run the block 1x then go get running shoes for him.. off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment