Friday, April 20, 2012

Running Pals....

I could use a few running pals... I do like running alone as I don't have to keep pace with anyone but myself. Plus, I can concentrate on my run and not on anything else. Sometimes it would be nice for the company to mix things up. Maybe it would push me to run faster or maybe the time would go by quicker. I guess for now, all I can do is keep asking.. maybe Steve will run.. maybe someone else I know will want to run too?

One of the things about running with someone else is.. if they are not at your same level, either faster or slower someone has to give. It's not easy on either end.. that's why it's better to find a running partner that is about equal.. Well, guess I'll keep waiting for Steve to take the next step.. running outdoors... I'll have to be patient because I think he would be the best match.. He will be about the same level soon and eventually push me to keep up. He just has to want to do it too! He will someday... ;o)

Update on my new Atkins version diet.....

Made it through day 1...
Eggs b-fast
taste of bacon
and a handful of frosted flakes (not on the diet but needed to get rid of the egg taste)
Banana 1

Lunch - Sweet potato
           Arby's Jr Roast beef sandwich (with bun)

Dinner - Chicken, salad and some rice (not on diet the rice)
Snack - 2 bananas, more frosted flakes and 3 chocolates

Okay, didn't do so great following a diet yesterday and I didn't run  6 miles in the afternoon only 6.5 in the morning.

I'm not doing the diet again today. I don't like eggs that much and what else would I eat for b-fast. Plus, I didn't really stick to the Atkins.. I'll just go back to what works for me... Rice/ Salsa/ salad, fruit and veggies. Can't forget some chocolate and almonds.. and I wonder why I can't lose the last 5 pounds. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment