Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekends....

Weekends are made for exercise. I love the extra time I have to workout. The gym doesn't open until 8am, ce I'm use to getting up early anyway, butI do still sleep in a little until 6:30am, then I am up and ready to go run by 7am. Today, I was more excited to run then most days. It was only because I would be trying out my new gel shoe inserts. I have gel inserts, but they were only for my heal. The new gel inserts covered the whole foot, even my toes to cush them. It worked, my feet felt great the whole run. No toe cramps!

I decided to do an hour slow 6.0 mile run again today. I'm thankful Steve likes to come with me on my run. He doesn't always want to run, so he takes the bike. It was a perfect morning, no wind, plenty of sun shine and around 50*F, cool enough so I didn't get overly hot and sweaty.

After my hour run, I changed my sweaty clothes and was off to the gym to do the cross ramp for another hour, 6.5 miles. I felt good doing another hour right after my run. I just took it easy too but still finished my same workout in 62 minutes. Why oh why would I do 2 hours of running? Well, training for a half marathon. I needed a break inbetween

No time for weights today, we had the school health fair. The whole family biked 15 minutes to school, checked out the health fair and biked home.

I got in plenty of exercise and enjoyed the nice weekend weather... now to set up the new patio furniture and soak up some sun...


No comments:

Post a Comment