Saturday, April 7, 2012

Looking good enough? Crazy...

I'm at the point where I should be looking good enough, right? Some people, (friends & family) think since I've lost 50+ pounds and have been working out, that its okay to slack, miss workouts and start to cut back on all. I just think they are CRAZY and they think I am CRAZY...

Is there a middle ground? Should I care if some people think I am working out too much to maintain and tone. Working out too much to have a goal of running a half marathon and compete in some local 5K races this summer. What's so bad about training?  Oh yeah.. I hear it over and over about those that never train for a race and just go at it. Well, to me that's like taking a test and not studying. How do you think your going to do? Sure you'll get a grade and finish it, but is an F or D your going for? That's not my plan. I want to feel prepared, prepared enough to get an A.. or I'd even settle for a B.. That's not going to happen if I decide to slack off.

How will I know when I'm good enough, tone enough, healthy enough? I guess when my goals run out or I die. I decided once I started losing the weight, that this was not a diet I was on. It was a life plan, full of healthy eating and exercise. I don't want to go back to the couch, back to the computer and sit on my big old butt for hours, eating cake, ice cream or what ever else I can stuff into my mouth and have 50 pounds of fat on my body ever again.

So am I good enough right now? Sure, but I still want to improve myself. I will always want a challenge...

Next time you call me crazy for not wanting to miss a workout..for running every day.. you have to stop to think of how far I've come.. where I want to go... So please don't try to stop me.. I have a plan, a healthy life style plan. I won't give that up.. Even if I'm told I'm looking good enough or you think I'm crazy for all this exercise..


No comments:

Post a Comment