Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1 Week From Today


That's right! One week from today will be the 4th of July. Our family will run in the Freedom Days Apple Valley 2 mile race.

2 miles doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It really isn't far since I run 7.22 miles or more per day. It's just that I don't run every day like I will for those 2 miles.

I'm excited to run it and see what I'll get on my mile time. I'm just looking for anything under an 8 min mile which I know I can do. Whether or not I place or score a trophie is another story? We will have to see on that one.. no promises.... Just depends on how I'm feeling that day.

I do know I'll need to take a day or two of rest before this race. My shins are sore from all the miles I run and it will be good to give them a break. It's going to be hard to not run but I want to do my best so rest is what I need.

This 2mile run is the first of 3 this month. Next will be a fun 5K (3 miles) fun Color run/walk race, and then what I'm really looking forward to Run For the Gold in Rosemount on the 21st. I want to beat my last years time and maybe place.. 1-5th they give out metals/ribbons.

I have my last race in October, it's the big one.. 13 miles.. the half marathon in Belle Plaine.

So, 7 days to go.. getting closer!!! Have I trained enough? Am I fast enough? I am mentally prepared enough? I'll find out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment