Sunday, June 10, 2012

R E S T... Day!!!


Finally.. A rest day.. lets see, when was the last time I did not workout in the morning.. I have to dig out my first fitness tracking book... way back to week #8, Wed, Feb15th, when I was sick.. really sick!

I'm on the end of week #24.. tomorrow week #25 since I started tracking my fitness progress and miles I run. The miles this week are not as impressive. 41.44 running miles all of which are outside. I guess that could be a new outside running record. I count both indoor cross ramp running and running outdoors in the same mile ran total. I don't separate out the two but I could probably go back and figure it all out. Not going to... which leads me to my next topic...

I read this past weekend.. I think in a magazine about fitness, you should not spend much time looking back at what you accomplished but rather keep looking forward to your goals you have yet to accomplish. This some how keeps you motivated where looking back only gives you reason to say, well I've lost this much or I've ran x amount so I don't need to work as hard. It supposedly keeps you from reaching your goals by always looking back.

My goals to look ahead are run, run run.. what you say am I'm running towards? Running towards working up to running a half marathon. This means.. putting in a 13 mile run.. working towards that!

Losing 10 pounds by August. Very do-able! How will I do this? Go back to eating the same old same old to be bored with it. Don't vary my foods and eat lots of veggies/fruit plain. Lots of water and keep busy don't let myself get bored and want to eat.

That is my biggest challenge. To not let myself get bored. Keep busy.. keep away from choosing the wrong types of food when I could load up on veggies!

The next few days.. I will be charting my progress on getting a hold of my diet, while I continue to make more progress towards that half marathon. I also can't forget about the July Rosemount Race for the Gold 4 mile run. humm.... I'm just not excited about that run but I know they give out metals and I want one. Even though I came in 2nd place in Burnsville.. I want a metal not just a ribbon and I want to place in a race I previously did not place in but one that I know I can better my race time. It's just a lot of heart pounding, out of breath pressure. Pressure that I know will only last less then 30 minutes!Look ahead and not in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment