Thursday, June 21, 2012

Going in New Directions


I made a spur of the moment decision  this morning. I walked to the car at the gym parking lot and an idea popped into my head. Why not run down the hill and take a new route home! I wasn't sure if it was longer or about the same distance. I didn't care, I just wanted to run and see some new scenery. It gets boring always running the same way. I was starting to see the same people out walking and running and you know when you start to recognize people, it's time to change things up and go in a new direction.

The new way home was about the same distance I'm guessing since it took me the same time to get home. It did feel quicker but I'm guessing that was mostly due to the change. I'm excited to try running it the opposite way even if there is a fairly large hill at the very end of my run. It's mostly flat and I'm use to hills so it shouldn't be any more challenging then normal.

Once again.. I'm excited about running. I need to go in new directions more often so I enjoy running.

Plus, I do know that I enjoy running a lot when I'm not doing any speed work. I like to take it easy and just run to run and not run to be out of breath.

So off I go.. in all new directions and feeling good about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment