Saturday, June 9, 2012

8 miles


It was an 8 mile run today. I ran slow... a 10-1/2 minute mile for a total time of 1 hour and 23 minutes. I was not going for speed. I was just running to start training for the 1/2 marathon on my bucket list.

I'll train slow just so my body and feet can get use to running for 2 hours. I need to work up to 13 miles.

I run our 4 mile loop, stop at home for a water break, run the 4 mile loop in the opposite direction and then I'll need to eventually run another 5 miles so I can run the loop 1 more time followed by 1 mile around our little block going around 3x's.

I thought about adding in biking the last 5 miles just to work towards running the last part. I'll back off on biking as my running miles increase. Of course I didn't do that today. I figured get use to 8 miles since I have only been running 4 to 7 miles a day. After I've ran the 7 to 8 miles for a week, add in one more mile at a time to 13. I will save the 2hour run days for either Saturday or Sunday and only do it 1x during the week for my long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment