Sunday, June 17, 2012

Me and My Shadow...


That's right..it's just me and my shadow running down the street. I always have a running partner as long as the sun is out..

My companions out there on the road every day as long as the sun is shining. I look at my shadow and some times I have to wonder.. who is that girl? It doesn't look anything like my former self.. my former self 2 years ago.. I've come so far.from that person that never ran.. was over weight, unhappy with herself and unmotivated to change.

I never would have guessed at 43, I'd be running for an hour or more every day, logging 6 miles or more. Biking, lifting weights and wanting to be healthy and fit.

I never want to give up my new shadow.. I want that new girl to keep running with me, keeping me company as I log mile after mile..

Which brings me to today's Sunday run. Weekends are always a day where I can do as I please depending on what we have going on. Even though I went to bed last night after 11pm, I still was up and ready to run by 5:30am. Why? Because I've found out that between 5am and 6:30am is the best time of day to be outside running. Plus, I'm a morning person. I really do look forward to the time I run. Time for me... and only me... it's one hour of the best part of my day.  Why not start it off right!

I decided that every day to get faster. I need to start running faster. No more jogging.. just to run a leisure hour. I ran hard 150 or more for my heart rate all the way to the gym. It turned out to be a 8 minute and 28 second per mile for the 3.62 miles. Going home I ran slower, but still kept my heart around 140 and ran a 9 min 39 sec mile.

I have 16 more days to train for the 2 mile race. I will be running those 2 miles hard. I have to make the next days ahead productive. Run hard every day for 3 miles to get use to working my heart hard. I want to feel good running and improve my mile time. I'm nervous and excited to see what I am capable of doing race day.

My shadow and I ran 57.16 miles this week, biked 18.8 miles and lifted weights 4 days this week... this is the end of week 25... of logging my miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment