Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Call Me Coach!



That's right.. just call me Coach! It's official, I am a coach of Logan's soccer team for RAAA this summer. I'm super excited. I can cross this one off my bucket list too!

I'm not the head coach, just the assistant, as I didn't want the full responsibility. Maybe next year I can apply to be coach after I learn from this year being an assistant.

Celina is also excited to help out with Logan's soccer team. It will be a fun season of soccer!

Back to working out.. running which is what this is about.

I've been doing some biking lately. Just 30 minutes or 7.22 miles most days. I should count this as exercise like I do with running but it seems too easy and too enjoyable to do that. I usually only bike for 35 minutes but yesterday I added on an additional 15 minutes to my ride. It's a great way to cross train burn around 350 to 400 calories. Plus, it gets me outside.. to enjoy the summer day. It's a quick trip for me to the bank.. 17 minutes there and 17 home again. I plan to keep adding miles to my biking to keep challenging myself and burn, burn those calories.

My run today was different. It was really windy. Extra work just fighting the wind. It did feel good just because it was warm out and the wind helped keep me cool. I stayed close to home running my 4 mile loop, then instead of running home.. I continued on and ran our neighborhood for another 1.5 miles and then to finish off the hour.. I ran our block 4or more times. I lost track of how many times I ran around.. So, I'm sure I ran at least 6.5 miles, calling it good for the day.

I always have a hard time starting out my run. It's that first 15 to 20 minutes that feels like a lot of work, then it becomes easier and some days I feel so good I just keep running. Other days, I just want the hour to be up and to go have b-fast.

I thought I'd be sleeping in now that I don't have to get up early for the kids. I figured out I like getting up early. Earlier then everyone else. I'm not crazy about running when everyone is leaving to work and there are car after car passing me.. I'd rather see a few cars, a few people and some animals so the price I pay is getting up at 5am.. Leave me plenty of time in the morning to have a lazy morning of b-fast.. Internet and waking the kids.

Now this coach needs to get to work.. burn some more calories and enjoy the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment